With superstar looks and 100% comfort, the new Southern Cross work boot is already legendary.
Five Star Features:
- Shock absorbing full length Poron insole.
- Scalloped collar design for ease of movement.
- Super tough, heat resistant and durable Nitrile outsole.
- 200J steel toe cap and bump cap.
- 100% comfort guaranteed.
100% COMFORT GUARANTEED
Steel Blue’s unique soling system cushions your feet, knees, hips and lower back from day-to-day fatigue.
Tri-SoleTM Comfort Technology works by strategically placing pads, made of high-tech material PORON®, in the sole and under the peak stress areas of the foot. It’s proven that this is much more effective in cushioning and absorbing shock than a standard footbed.
When you wear a pair of Steel Blue boots, we guarantee that you’ll experience:
- Reduction of shock forces to the feet, knees, hips and lower back (similar to the feeling of wearing sports shoes).
- Reduced risk of stress-related injury to the feet and lower body.
- Improved flexibility of the sole.
- Greater comfort and overall wellbeing.
- A feeling of wearing lightweight footwear.
We literally guarantee 100% comfort, so if you’re not happy in the first 30 days, you’ll get your money back! You have absolutely nothing to lose by trying Steel Blue.
- Quality, water resistant leather upper and high quality internal linings.
- Choice of a Steel, Non-Metallic or Non-Safety toecap with edge protector.
- Footbed top cover using abrasion resistant high wicking material.
- Polyurethane footbed.
- Flexible anti-microbial insole with flex perforations to the forepart.
- Support shank.
- Energy absorbing anti-bacterial PORON® Permafresh inserts.
- Lightweight shock absorbing PU (Polyurethane) midsole.
- Strong, long-wearing Thermoplastic Urethane or heat resistant Nitrile Rubber outsole.
- External Torsion Stabilising shank – Thermoplastic Urethane outsole only (Airport Friendly range only).
Footwear has an enormous influence on the way feet move yet, so many overlook the importance of a proper well-cushioned shoe. The body uses natural methods to decrease the forces of impact and absorb shock in the lower part of the body. Generally, it is considered that a shoe is required to reduce the forces further.
Steel Blue has been devoted to developing the most comfortable work boots with Trisole Comfort Technology, absorbing more shock and providing cushioning for the feet from day-to-day fatigue.
Here are some tips to help you move well and stay well:
- Lifting: With your feet shoulder-width apart, bend at the hips and knees. Grip the load firmly and hold it close to your body, tighten your stomach muscles and use the strong muscles of your legs to lift. Keep your back as straight as possible, and gently breathe out. Avoid twisting – turn by using your feet, not your back.
- Standing Posture: Think tall: chest lifted, shoulders relaxed, chin tucked in and head level. Posture should be stable, balanced and relaxed, when sitting, walking or standing.
- Sitting: Don’t stay seated for too long, ideally no more than 20 minutes. Stand up, stretch and walk around. The right back support will also help. Also ensure that your workstation and computer are correctly positioned.
- Exercise: Stay in shape – healthy body-weight is less strain on your back. Your physiotherapist can show you how to keep your back flexible and strong with correct back and abdominal exercises.
- Driving: Good support from your car seat will prevent back pain. If you need lower back support, use a lumbar roll or a rolled-up towel.
- Sleeping: Your mattress should be firm enough to support your natural shape.
General Hygiene:To ensure boots last and remain in top condition, keep footwear clean, wash and thoroughly dry feet, and change socks daily.
- Clean boots regularly.
- Polish leather boots and treat with leather preservative.
- Brush suede boots.
- Clean soles by brushing and washing to remove contaminants.
- Footwear should not be cleaned with solvents and should not be force dried.
- Store footwear in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
Water Damage: Dry boots after use and store in a well-ventilated area to avoid water damage. Inspect boots for water damage before use.
Maintenance: Examine boots for external damage prior to and after each use. In the case of cracks, breaks in leather, exposed toecaps or other similar damage, replace boots.
Note: Avoid any unauthorised boot alterations, e.g. mechanical stretching or adding vent holes. Such alterations may:
- Take the boots out of compliance with the relevant standard.
- Void any approval or certification of the boots.
- Reduce the effectiveness of the boots.