Blundstone 172 Slip On Safety Boots
The #172 features a kick guard to protect the leather, along with a defined heel to keep you stable while climbing and descending ladders.
- Brown premium oil-tanned leather elastic side safety boot
- Kickguard toe leather protection
- PU midsole and TPU outsole highly resistant to hydrolysis and microbial attack
- 6mm tread—oil, acid & organic fat resistant
- heat resistant to 140˚C
- slip resistant
- SPS Max—XRD® Technology in the heel and forepart strike zones for increased impact protection.
- Removable Comfort Classic PU/foam cupped footbed with XRD® Extreme Impact Protection heel and forepart inserts for impact absorption and greater comfort.
- Electrical hazard resistant
- Steel shank—ensures correct step flex point, assists with skeletal stability
- Broad fitting Type 1 steel toe cap tested to resist a 200 joule impact
PREMIUM OIL TANNED LEATHER
We inspect each piece of leather by hand before it begins the manufacturing process. If it doesn’t meet our quality standards, we choose not to use it. Simple as that.
TPU OUTSOLE—140°C HEAT RESISTANT
The outsole is heat resistant to temperatures up to at least 140°C, therefore withstanding temperatures typically encountered in the majority of industrial applications.
COMFORT CLASSIC FOOTBED
Our Comfort Classic footbed is made from soft EVA, topped by a long-wearing mesh cover. This footbed has an airflow and moisture-wicking system and also includes large pads of XRD® Extreme Impact Protection under the ball of the foot and the heel. The footbed is breathable and washable.
EXCELLENT SLIP RESISTANCE
Achieving the slip resistance standards in AS 2210.3:2019, this boot has a tread pattern designed to maximise the qualities of the TPU outsole.
ELECTRICAL HAZARD RESISTANT
Where there is a risk that a person may come in contact with a live electrical circuit, electrical shock hazard footwear will provide the best possible protection against electrical shock hazard.
This boot is certified to ASTM F2413-18. Clause 5.6 for electrical shock hazard resistance.
STEEL TOE CAP
Broad fitting Type 1 steel toe cap tested to resist a 200 joule impact. Steel is the safest toe cap material available, providing the highest level of resistance to impacts, punctures, cuts, and rolling side compression.