Designed specifically for smelter work, the #981s have been tested and proven to stand up to the most rigorous conditions.
- Black flame-retardant leather ‘extreme application’ smelter boot—230mm height
- Ultra-tough, flame-retardant toe scuff cap protection
- Compression-resistant 8 point Ssoftherm® upper insulation against radiant heat
- Full Kevlar® stitched seams resist liquid metal splash and immersion
- Velcro secured flaps for individual fit adjustment—fast exit and entry
- Industry ‘Dip’ tested to 960˚C in molten aluminium & 1520˚C in molten steel
- Comprehensive internal testing and risk analysis should be completed prior to using these products, as site and operating conditions vary between locations
- Low density shock absorbing PU midsole with anti-bacterial agent.
- Rubber outsole designed to specifically increase slip resistance in varied environments
- excellent cut and slip resistance
- highly resistant to hydrolysis and microbial attack
- heat resistant to 300˚C
- oil, acid & organic fat resistant
- Removable Comfort Arch footbed with XRD® Extreme Impact Protection forepart insert provides superior comfort.
- Anti-bacterial, washable and breathable footbed.
- SPS Max—XRD® Technology in the heel strike zone for increased impact protection.
- Ergonomically engineered toe spring for reduced wearer fatigue
- Steel shank—ensures correct step flex point, assists with skeletal stability
- Full heel breast with arch support for ladder and gantry safety
- Electrical hazard resistant
- Broad fitting Type 1 steel toe cap tested to resist a 200 joule impact
EXTREME APPLICATION SMELTER BOOT
Designed for smelter work with flame retardant leather, flame resistant toe scuff cap protection and compression resistant 8 point Ssoftherm® upper insulation against radiant heat.
Comprehensive internal testing and risk analysis should be completed prior to using these products, as site and operating conditions vary between locations.
RUBBER OUTSOLE—300°C HEAT RESISTANT
The outsole is heat resistant to temperatures up to at least 300°C and has a very high insulating value providing short term resistance to melting and cracks at higher than normal temperature ranges that may be encountered in an industrial environment.
Kevlar® stitching provides maximum strength and protection against metal splash and immersion.
LUXURY PU FOOTBED
Our ultimate Comfort Arch footbed is made from soft polyurethane, covered with a full length cushion of foam polyurethane, topped by a long-wearing mesh cover. This footbed has an airflow and moisture-wicking system and also includes a large pad of XRD® Extreme Impact Protection under the ball of the foot.
ELECTRICAL HAZARD RESISTANT
Where there is a risk that a person may come in contact with a live electrical circuit, electrical shock hazard footwear will provide the best possible protection against electrical shock hazard.
This boot is certified to ASTM F2413-18. Clause 5.6 for electrical shock hazard resistance.
STEEL TOE CAP
Broad fitting Type 1 steel toe cap tested to resist a 200 joule impact. Steel is the safest toe cap material available, providing the highest level of resistance to impacts, punctures, cuts, and rolling side compression.